CoD:Black Ops Post MP Reveal PC FAQ

CoD:Black Ops Post MP Reveal PC FAQ

Postby >Neo< » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:57 am

LINK http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtop ... ghv2migl64

After Call of Duty: World at War, we set out 3 goals for our next PC title:

* 1] PC gets every single game feature that the consoles get, but in a way that makes sense for PC.
* 2] PC gets even more features – the ones that PC gamers want like dedicated servers and more customization.
* 3] Keep it fun. Protect the integrity of the title through design and post-launch support.

Keep that in mind as you read through the decisions outlined below in our FAQ.

Call of Duty: Black Ops PC Multiplayer FAQ

Full feature support: Confirmed
Ranked Servers: earn XP and currency. Wager Servers: gamble your currency. Customizable Unranked Servers. Combat Training against practice dummies. Theater. Create-a-Class "2.0." Contracts. Emblem editor. Everything the consoles get. Implemented in a way that makes sense for PC (*cough* no lobbies *cough*).

PC Features: Confirmed
Dedicated Servers. New Server Browser. Dev console. /record. Customizable game modes, perks, killstreaks, classes, and higher player counts on unranked servers. Map rotation. RCon. Kick & Ban. MOTD. In-game custom Server Banners. And more.

Mod Tools: Confirmed
We will release mod tools sometime post-launch. We need to finish the game first. Then we will make sure any urgent issues are handled. Then we will begin work on tools. The extent of the mod tools package will not be known until this time.

Global Persistent Stats, Profiles: Confirmed
Your profile data is stored on servers for you and is accessible from anywhere on the internet. Stats, XP, COD Points, configs, etc.

Leaderboards: Confirmed
Yes, leaderboards - globally persistent leaderboards (i.e. NOT per-server based).

Steam Exclusive: Confirmed
Millions of Call of Duty fans are already on Steam. Their Friends are on Steam. Steam will provide the ease of auto-updating instead of manual patching. Auto-updating will also help keep the community playing together on the latest version. The Steam cloud will make your profile and configs available to you on any computer.

VAC: Confirmed
We are serious about protecting the integrity of this game from hackers and cheaters who would otherwise ruin the fun for the honest players. Used in conjunction with our own anti-exploit measures, Theater reviews, trusted servers, and supplemented by server admins with kick and ban powers we believe that Valve Anti-Cheat will be an effective solution for Call of Duty: Black Ops PC. We are committed to working closely and diligently with Valve to deal with new threats as they appear.

No “Public Server Files”: Confirmed
Many of these game features are predicated on having a trusted host or server. Otherwise these features would be wide-open to easy exploits and rampant cheating. Also, anti-cheat solutions can be significantly more effective on games that rely on trusted servers. We chose against “public server files” in favor of providing full feature support and protecting the integrity of this title. This doesn't mean you won't have customization or admin capabilities with your servers - because you will. This simply means we've partnered with an exclusive server provider.

GameServers.com Exclusive: Confirmed
We have partnered with GameServers.com as the exclusive provider of dedicated servers for Call of Duty: Black Ops. Every dedicated server for this title will be running on top quality hardware and infrastructure with excellent bandwidth. There will be a ton of official servers at launch for everyone to play on for free. If you want to run your own server you will be able to rent one at a great price (which will never go higher than $0.99/slot). They are actively adding new server locations and staffing up to meet global demand. If you don’t see your location you can suggest it here: http://www.gameservers.com/blackops/

Max Players: Not Confirmed
We have not yet finalized the maximum number of players in ranked or unranked servers. More playtesting is required to determine how high these numbers can go. This happens as late as possible in the project otherwise the game is likely to change in ways that could invalidate the results.

Minimum System Requirements: Not Confirmed
The game is still in development, and the PC team is hard at work making further optimizations. We will announce the min specs in the near future.

-----

Hopefully that answers the majority of the outstanding questions not answered from our MP Reveal coverage. There are still some questions we do not have answers for at this time, so as always, we appreciate your patience. We will have all questions answered before November 9th.

Regards,
-JD, PC Dev, & the PC Team
>Neo<
TiT Team Member
TiT Team Member

Bad Company 2 Nick: >Neo<
Xfire Nick: neoattotal
Steam_Nick: neoattotal

Re: CoD:Black Ops Post MP Reveal PC FAQ

Postby Clay_Pigeon » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:23 pm

cant make my mind up if its good or bad.... saying that though the mod tools announcement worries me.
If less is more just think how much more more would be?

Clay_Pigeon
Game Admin
Game Admin

Title: Eye pecker
Bad Company 2 Nick: phail_bob
Steam_Nick: kuripijon

Postby Davetheblue » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:53 pm

Thing is once you've bought the game I can't see them rushing around sorting the mod tools out.

You - pay
They - take
They - Sit back and think hmmmm great launch right COD 9 where do we start?
Davetheblue

Bad Company 2 Nick: Davetheblue
Xfire Nick: Davetheblue
Steam_Nick: Davetheblue

Postby welshy » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:52 pm

well at least they aint stabbing us in the back *cough* INFINTY WARD *cough* so glad dedis are back, should be decent, but still torn between medal of honor and black ops
cymru am byth dwin caru cymru a TiT a Cod 4

welshy
TiT Member
TiT Member

Postby Clay_Pigeon » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:13 pm

i might be missing something but once the game goes gold and goes for publication im sure they might be working on any patching for release updates and such but i would say that gives them 2 weeks to do something with the mod tools and say look this is where we are at, i just have a feeling there gonna turn round at us hoping for a pro-mod or something point there finger and call us silly fuckers for having faith in them. but by that time it tought shit cos they have our cash and where just left with a case for a book end - or two book ends if you bought mw2.

Also am i the only person that doesn't have much faith in gameservers.com ability to handle such demands :/ .

Jesus why do we need global stats cos its always gonna be the guy that cheats at the top, i know you dont need to look at them and such but why do this it serves no purpose.

the more i read it the more i want to cry, but hey you never know.
If less is more just think how much more more would be?

Clay_Pigeon
Game Admin
Game Admin

Title: Eye pecker
Bad Company 2 Nick: phail_bob
Steam_Nick: kuripijon

Postby >Neo< » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:54 pm

Mod tools confirmed with the minimum capabilities of creating competitive mods.
>Neo<
TiT Team Member
TiT Team Member

Postby Gio » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:53 pm

Reading that has made it kind of.... tempting... Lolz might actually get it
Gio
TiT Member
TiT Member

Postby Sparky » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:26 pm

are many of you getting this title?

If so I might get involved....
IN COD WE TRUST Sparky Loves His TiTs FFS SCAR

FINDING NEO... Image <--- There he is!
Sparky
TiT Team Member
TiT Team Member

Title: Resident DJ

Postby xxSerenityxx » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:50 pm

Iam wanting to get it personally, I hope its going to be worth it as am unsure yet, but at least we have dedi's :smile:
xxSerenityxx
Game Admin
Game Admin

Title: Game Admin

Postby >Neo< » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:16 pm

>Neo<
TiT Team Member
TiT Team Member