DNS Error

DNS Error

Postby Gio » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:00 pm

Right this is a problem I have had for probably over a year now. There are times when my connection runs perfectly fine for perhaps a week? maybe a month? Then comes along a week, 2 weeks or more when every single day between the times 12pm - 4pm I get the mighty 'DNS Error'. The internet light on my router switches off for 1 minute during this time I have no access to the internet obviously, then it switches back on after 1 min. After about 2 minutes it will switch off yet again and in 1 minute come back on, predictably this just keeps on going for an hour or more (The other 3 lights on my router always remain solidly turned on). My suspicions atm are that the PS3 may have something to do with it.

I have phoned up talktalk 3 times about this problem, 2 out of 3 times they didn't know wtf I was on about, they didn't know what DNS was and all the advice I got from those 2 professionals was 'Try and switch your router on and off' unfortunately its getting difficult to count how many times I've done this already. 3rd time I was getting somewhere, changed a few router config settings with the advice of the geezer and it was sorted for the day, however this WILL keep happening I have no doubt.

So the question is has anyone ever had this or knows about it? And has any ideas on how its fixed, having looked around on teh internets forums it occurs to me that people dont know a lot about this, they provide countless solutions that work for them but no one else alive on this planet, or the advice applies to the ancient systems like windows 2000, and the professionals from talktalk told me to reset my router so that tells that story.

I will litterally appreciate any ideas given on anything regarding wireless, router set up etc because at this point I am out of ideas.
Gio
TiT Member
TiT Member

Re: DNS Error

Postby PsychoticImp » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:33 pm

I know what ya problem is.........Your with talktalk!
We learnin' life's lessons while we blaze this herbal essence
PsychoticImp
TiT Team Member
TiT Team Member

Bad Company 2 Nick: PsychoticGimp
Xfire Nick: PsychoticImp
Steam_Nick: PsychoticImp

Re: DNS Error

Postby Gio » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:11 am

phaha yes indeed, they have told me how they set up the dns servers for every client, and after i heard that i think i found the reason for the problem, but ive managed to get it sorted for the last 2 days... of course its only a matter of time till it comes back
Gio
TiT Member
TiT Member

Return to General